Tyler Perry sees himself as an “underdog”.

The 50-year-old star – who is one of the highest-paid men in the entertainment industry – has achieved incredible success in the movie business, but freely admits to operating in a different sphere to the likes of Ryan Coogler, Ava DuVernay and Donald Glover.

He reflected: “I’m not making ‘When They See Us’. I’m not making ‘Black Panther’. Ryan Coogler, Ava DuVernay, Donald Glover, Issa Rae – they are brilliant storytellers, but that is what Hollywood deems acceptable.

“The stories that I’m telling for my audience, the millions of them around the world who get it, aren’t something that Hollywood necessarily understands.”

Tyler has previously attracted criticism from a host of

Read More At Article Source | Article Attribution

The post Tyler Perry: I'm an underdog | Entertainment – Parsons Sun appeared first on RocketNews | Top News Stories From Around the Globe.