Illinois has emerged as a national leader in administering first doses of COVID-19 vaccines. But with so many residents now due for a second shot, the state is contending with a limited supply just as more people are eligible to get a first dose.

“You’re hearing a few grumblings from public health departments around the state, ‘Hey I’m getting more second-dose vaccines to push into peoples’ arms than I am first. I’d like to have more first,’” Gov. J.B. Pritzker said during a press briefing today. “Well, we’re getting those second-dose vaccines because now is the time that people are eligible to get that second dose.”

Authorized COVID vaccines from Pfizer and Moderna require people to get two doses before they’re fully vaccinated, which complicates

The post Illinois to prioritize second COVID-19 vaccine doses amid supply shortage – Crain's Chicago Business appeared first on RocketNews | Top News Stories From Around the Globe.