Ringo Chiu

In his first solo appearance since joining the Democratic presidential ticket Tim Walz hit back Tuesday against Republican accusations that he exaggerated his military record and dodged deployment to Iraq.

“These guys are even attacking me for my record of service, and I just want to say, I’m proud to have served my country, and I always will be,” Walz said. “With my dad’s encouragement, a guy who served in the Army during the Korean War, I signed up for the Army National Guard two days after my seventeenth birthday. I served for the next 24 years for the same reason all my brothers and sisters in uniform do: We love this country.”

Speaking at the American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees’ convention, he recounted how his students inspired him to run for that office and how he championed service members on the Veterans Affairs committee.

Read more at The Daily Beast.



https://ift.tt/l71rS3Q from The Daily Beast Latest Articles https://ift.tt/ULvwyDa